[removal of service on OLD ip address for "B"]

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Fri Sep 16 13:10:31 2005

 good afternoon,
	back on 14 january 2004, we provided notification that the "B"
	root server address was being renumbered.  this renumbering occured
	28 january 2004.  we have continued to run root service on the
	old address since then to ease transition for those who might
	have needed more time to make the change.

	please ensure that you have a current "root.hints" or "cache.db"
	file.  The Current version may be downloaded from:

		http://www.internic.net/zones/named.root

	we have requested and received permission to terminate root service
	on the old IP address for the "B" root server and plan to do so
	on 01 january 2006.  if there are concerns or questions, please
	let us know.

--bill manning for <[email protected]>