Load Balancing between multiple BGP peer connections

  • From: Joe Shen
  • Date: Wed Sep 14 06:25:28 2005

Hi,

How could load on multiple BGP peer links be balanced
automatically?

The situation we are facing:

             ---------------------------|
             |  Service provider        |
             |                          |
             --R1--------------------R2---
               |\                     |
               | \       E-BGP        |
               |  \ ----------------\ |
               |                     \|
            ----R3--------------------R4-|
            |     Our Network            |
            |      (OSPF)                |
            -----------------------------

The three links between our network and Service
provider network are all 1Gbps. Now, we noticed that
load on link R1-R3, R1-R4 is about 50% (in/out), but
load on R2-R4 are about 90% ( in/out).

How could we balance those load on the three links
automatically? or must we tune the route mannually?

Is there any technical guide on this?

thanks  in advance.

Joe

Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com