Re: rate limiting bandwidth

  • From: John Kinsella
  • Date: Tue Sep 13 21:20:38 2005

I'm pretty fond of the the Packeteer gear.  The API is pretty decent,
I can get a pretty good range of stats off the box in flexible formats
(tab or comma delimited, or in an XML format).  Config-wise, I believe
I can change just about anything on the box, including running commands
remotely, and uploading/downloading files.  The box's ability to sniff
traffic for a few days and know what protocols are in use is pretty
spiffy, from what I've seen.

I've used the Peribit gear as well, but not as heavily and I don't
know of an API (not saying one doesn't exist, I just don't know of it).
It seems to be decent at what it does, but doesn't have as rich a
featureset as the Packeteer.

John