Re: Multi-6 [WAS: OT - Vint Cerf joins Google]

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Tue Sep 13 16:13:12 2005

At 03:19 PM 9/13/2005, you wrote:
So where were you the past years in multi6 and months in shim6?
Please be part of the solution and not part of the problem. (That
goes for John Payne and Daniel Senie too.)
I was there in the beginning for Multi6. When I saw the direction(s) that were being considered, I decided the whole concept was a non-starter and spent my budget of IETF hours on other areas that had a chance of being useful.

Just how many IETF groups do you participate in? In how many different IETF areas? Do you also get other work done? Most folks (perhaps including you) have limited amounts of time to spend on IETF work. Some folks get paid to do such work by their employers, while others don't.

At what point does it make sense as a participant in a working group to look at the direction and sense of the room and decide that no amount of arguing is going to keep a trainwreck from occurring?

Rereading the paragraph I responded to, however, I'm starting to wonder how close it, and possibly also my response, are to ad hominum territory. I'm not sure I should be having to defend my choices in where to spend or not spend my time on IETF activities.