Re: Multi-6 [WAS: OT - Vint Cerf joins Google]

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Tue Sep 13 10:08:48 2005

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:41:51 -0400
John Payne <[email protected]> wrote:

On Sep 12, 2005, at 6:58 AM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

I'll be blunt. As long as that question is up in the air, none of the major content providers are going to do anything serious in the IPv6 arena.

Well, I have no evidence of them doing anything with IPv6 anyway, so I don't know if this makes a difference.

I have a very strong feeling that part of the lack of content providers on IPv6 is due to the lack of multihoming.

No, I would say it is due to the lack of an audience that can _only_ be reached
(or even _best_ be reached) using IPv6.

Once the audience is there, the content providers will follow.

Same issue really. Audience isn't going to mature until those issues are sorted.