Re: OT - Vint Cerf joins Google

  • From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
  • Date: Mon Sep 12 01:00:52 2005

I recall last month in our web servers was something like 8% with IPv6
(average), but in my opinion most of the IPv6 traffic is peer-to-peer so not
easy to measure at web servers (or "servers" in general).

Regards,
Jordi

> De: "Christopher L. Morrow" <[email protected]>
> Responder a: <[email protected]>
> Fecha: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:47:07 +0000 (GMT)
> Para: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email protected]>
> CC: <[email protected]>
> Asunto: Re: OT - Vint Cerf joins Google
>

> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>

>> The last figure that I remember, very impressive, was in April 2004, when
>> the estimated number of hosts using 6to4 on Windows hosts was calculated as
>> 100.000.000 (extrapolated from measurements). This is not including hosts
>
> that seems really, really high...
>
>> We notice in our web servers (which are dual stack), incredible amounts of
>> IPv6 traffic, increasing month by month.
>
> 'incredible' meaning what % of total traffic? (total page views or hits or
> whatever your metric is...) Looking at mirrors.secsup.org which is v6
> enabled I see:
>
>    87361 12-access_log
>       82 12-access-v6_log
>    87443 total
>
> so, for yesterday only 82 v6 connects (some of which were actually me...
> so they don't really count) out of 87.5k... that's .1% ? that's not too
> 'incredible' but perhaps I'm in a bad sample place. (oh, this is ftp/http
> not counting rsync)

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at: