Re: Katrina Network Damage Report

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Sun Sep 11 20:53:23 2005

On 11/09/05, Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email protected]> wrote:

> In fact, I would much rather allow access to pretty much anything
> else rather than a powerful general-purpose computer.

My microwave has a bigger and faster processor than the one that the
Apollo lunar modules had.

In the timelines people are looking at for v6 - or faster, if you
believe Moore's law - you're going to see "general purpose computers"
in lots of stuff that dont necessarily have a monitor and keyboard
attached..

And think of the next generation networkers mantra of "convergence" ..

--srs
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])