Re: OT: Yahoo- apparently now an extension of the Chinese govt secretpolice....

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Wed Sep 07 17:12:05 2005

Personally, I see doing business in China about as logical as, say, giving
430 6th graders laptops with Internet access, and expecting them to pay
attention in the classroom...  Oh, and cutting the sports programs to
afford those laptops.  Man, if someone had given me a laptop in 6th grade,
I would have sold it!
Basic Trade:
Some countries have an abundance of one thing while they lack another.

So, what they have too much of is cheap, and too little of, is costly.

It goes crazy from that point.

China has a lot of cheap stuff and a lot of cheap labor, and importing from China and/or manufacturing in China is good business.

To work in China, one of the biggest markets in the world, you follow China's rules. If you don't like the rules you don't have to.

But what you guys spew out is China-hate. Is that the kind of propaganda you get fed in schools?

I am happy we've been able to discuss this like adults, here on NANOG. After all, this is about human networking.

Gadi.