Re: Buh bye

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Tue Sep 06 20:19:41 2005

> From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Buh bye
> Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:24:48 -0400
>
>> I'm about to be removed, forcibly, from nanog-post.

thanks for reposting.  of course, i have jay procmailed

> It doesn't matter what it's for, I thought there was a "no
> censorship" agreement in the "new" NANOG.  We can procmail.
> Did I miss something?

as i was not at the lost wages or seattle meetings, i can
not say.

but

  o i am sure the ml committee thinks they are acting in the
    best interests of nanog, process, ....

  o i am sure others will think otherwise.  welcome to a world
    of funny monkeys and network operators in particular :-)

  o could we discuss this over on nanog-futures, where we are
    trying to direct meta-discussions?

  o by that, i do NOT at all mean to shut down discussion.  in
    fact, the opposite.  as many know, i have strong feelings
    on this particular issue, which i try to keep separate
    from my sc hat.

  o but we do need to leave this list clear for fergie's 20
    postings a day on what's happening in austin, the url of
    some cartoon, what you can read in the ny times, and so
    forth :-)/2

  o and, as you can see from the sc minutes [0], we plan to
    have an open sc meeting in los angeles where we hope that
    this and any other issues of general concern will be
    raised and discussed.

randy

---

[0] - <http://www.nanog.org/sc.minutes05.html>