Re: level3.net in Chicago - high packet loss?!?

  • From: Network Fortius
  • Date: Tue Sep 06 11:36:42 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 10:16 AM, Alexander Koch wrote:

On Tue, 6 September 2005 10:09:17 -0500, Network Fortius wrote:
[..]

Thank you. The former seems close to what may have happened, with a
possible impact beyond ICMP, as once having moved my client over to
their Broadwing connection, their processing from Yahoo's site seems
to have come back to where it was a few days ago.

Oh, yes. Is it just me, or did this read as: "Bah! But I was
right anyway, all you suckers!"

?

Go on, amuse the crowd.

Alexander
I am sorry, if you interpret it this way. I do not have much choice, when it comes to servicing people asking for immediate resolution, so it is either trying to determine (via the wrong tool, in this case?!?) if there is something going on, during Labor Day, when the client still accepts "toying around", or the knee-jerk reaction to move them first thing Tuesday morning, then trying to philosophize around the problem. Again - please accept my apologies - it must have been just a coincidence that my lack of properly interpreting the tool output, combined with something actually having happened on the client's side, led to the wrong assumption that things were wrong in a place that the tool's output should not have been indicative of.

Stef
Network Fortius, LLC