RE: Katrina could inundate New Orleans

  • From: John Souvestre
  • Date: Sun Sep 04 03:01:52 2005

Hi.

> Y'know... I do have to wonder whether Internet access is nearly as important

> as power and communications (traditional comms, such as the PTSN).

I've found that my computer running a VoIP app is more useful than a POTS
line.  Why?  Because dialing in or out on my POTS line, or any other POTS line
in New Orleans or any of the surrounding parishes, even as far away as
Houston, is very hard to do because "all circuits are busy".  Thus it is
easier to call far away than close by.

Since my VoIP calls terminate in New Jersey, I can quite often connect this
way.

John, in New Orleans

    John Souvestre - Southern Star - (504) 888-3348 - www.sstar.com