Re: Yahoo! -- A "Phisher-friendly" hosting domain?

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Wed Aug 31 11:20:25 2005

Shouldn't someone be watching these, though?

[email protected]:~# whois paypal.com

[...]

PAYPAL.COM.SV04.COM
PAYPAL.COM.LIMITSPEED.NET
PAYPAL.COM

While I agree in concept that this is not how the internet runs, and I am not proposing a domain name police force be instituted, it seems to me that things like this are easily caught. Not to mention, the purpose of them is clear.