Re: Trunks (etherchannels) between Foundry & Cisco 4506 (IOS Switch)????

  • From: Niels Bakker
  • Date: Wed Aug 31 09:05:35 2005

* [email protected] (Gregory Edigarov) [Wed 31 Aug 2005, 11:40 CEST]:
Please help me with this issue.
Any success stories with config samples are welcome...
You're not terribly informative about what issue you have. Do you wonder if it will work? What makes you think it won't work?

The easiest way is to configure a static trunk on the Foundry switch (e.g. "trunk server ethe 1/1 to 1/2") and a static port-channel in the Cisco switch ("set trunk on" for the affected ports for CatOS, I think, or "channel-group 1 mode on" for IOS devices under the appropriate interface, and configure an IP address on interface Port-channel1).

This question may be better asked on cisco-nsp and/or foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net due to its highly operational character - much too close to the metal for the average NANOG list subscriber, I'm afraid.

HTH,

-- Niels.

--
"...in the course of any normal person's life, miracles happen at a rate of roughly one per month."
-- John Littlewood, University of Cambridge