Re: Phone networks struggle in Hurricane Katrina's wake

  • From: Matt Ghali
  • Date: Wed Aug 31 01:53:56 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:

  If I was mistaken in thinking that the referenced article:

  "Red Cross looks to IT for post-Katrina recovery"
  http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/recovery/story/0,10801,104250,00.html

  ..would perhaps elicit some operational suggestions from the peanut
  gallery on how to perhaps assist in this effort, or prhaps contribute
  to the BellSouth issues, etc., then mea culpa.

Slightly operational; I tried several times earlier today to donate
to the Red Cross via their website. I was stymied by constant errors
from their MS SQL Server backend.

Its sad to think of how much in donations they've missed out on, by
relying on some rinky-dink software.

If anyone has operational contact with the redcross website
engineering folks, you might want to let them know that its time to
"reboot the server".

matto

[email protected]<darwin><
              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke