Re: NANOG as the Internet government?

  • From: John Kristoff
  • Date: Tue Aug 30 15:38:07 2005

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:14:52 -0400 (EDT)
"J. Oquendo" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ten Commandments of the Interweb

I'm biased, but I think these are better and less contestable:

   1. Thou shalt above all, maintain the integrity of the network.
   2. Thou shalt have a long term strategic direction.
   3. Thou shalt always opt for quality before expediency.
   4. Thou shalt meet the requirements, exceed the expectations and anticipate
      the needs of users.
   5. Thou shalt benefit from a successful implementation by careful project
      planning.
   6. Thou shalt provide reliability, availability and serviceability.
   7. Thou shalt maintain detailed, timely and accurate documentation.
   8. Thou shalt commit to continuous training.
   9. Thou shalt test in a test environment.
  10. Thou shalt install and label cables properly.

They're about 10 years old now and seem to still hold up pretty well.

John