Re: MPLS or Site2Site VPN

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Tue Aug 30 10:11:38 2005

> but you do loose the traffice QoS (esp in the
> internet fabric) you get with MPLS.

I'm curious...
Does anyone, anywhere run QoS in the Internet fabric,
with or without MPLS?

I know that some companies (like the one I work for)
do offer several levels of service in their MPLS core
networks. But to my way of thinking, the Internet fabric
is precisely the peering interconnections between
networks whether at an exchange point or over a private
peering connection. As far as I know, nobody uses QoS
over these connections and nobody does MPLS peering over
these connections.

Am I wrong???

--Michael Dillon