Re: Order of ASes in the BGP Path

  • From: Abhishek Verma
  • Date: Mon Aug 29 21:11:30 2005

Since i smell some traces of sarcasm here.

On 8/30/05, Randy Bush <[email protected]> wrote:
> I thank everyone who took time off their busy schedules and answered me on
> this. I now understand that people do look at the AS_PATH and the order of
> ASes is important for debugging, etc.

and thank you for reading the rfc

Randy,

I respect your knowledge and wisdom and that of other people on this list here which is why i asked this question. Yes, i have gone through the RFC 1771 throughly and trust me it does not mention any other use of this Path attribute, except for the path length/loop detection. People on this list have a *lot* of experience and its these people who actually use this protocol.

To me these were the best people to tell me if they indeed use it for other purposes also.

Thanks,
Abhishek

randy

Computer Science Deptt.