Re: Katrina could inundate New Orleans

  • From: Chris Woodfield
  • Date: Sun Aug 28 20:23:13 2005

This post is very OT, but I think events warrant the protocol violation this time. If you're in New Orleans, I'm sure the health of the local internet infrastructure becomes secondary to getting your ass above sea level...

Looks like a lot of people are going to lose everything in this one...If you're one of them, you are in my thoughts.

If you're not in a position to offer first-hand assistance, I would recommend making a donation to the American Red Cross' disaster relief fund via redcross.org TODAY. The faster they get our money, the faster they can be down there helping folks dig out, assuming there's a city left to go back to.

If any displaced NANOGers wind up in the Atlanta area, speak up - I'm sure there are people here that can offer assistance, maybe a bed, or at the very least help you drown your sorrows down at the Vortex Bar & Grill...

If nothing else, post and let us know you're okay.

-C

(P.S. This offer not valid if your name is Ronnie Scelson)