Re: 4-Byte AS Number soon to come?

  • From: Yakov Rekhter
  • Date: Tue Aug 23 10:19:56 2005

Hi,

> On 23-aug-2005, at 11:53, Paul Jakma wrote:
>
> >The IDR draft is awaiting implementation report.
>
> If this is true, it's very distressing.

The IDR draft awaits an implementation report in order to advance
the draft to Proposed Standard. What is so distressing about this ?

> Drafts are deleted after
> about six months. That means that any implementations will be based
> on a no longer existing specification. That's wrong in so many ways.

Drafts are deleted after about six months *unless* the drafts are
renewed (republished). The draft we are talking about is an *existing*
specification (draft-ietf-idr-as4bytes-10.txt).

Yakov.