Re: KVM over IP suggestions?

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Tue Aug 23 02:09:19 2005

DELL's DRAC-III is waste of money.

DELL's DRAC-IV is a very good thing, and I find it replacing al consoles
around (it have embedded monitoring with e-mail and SNMP alerts; have VNC
based console servcie with perfect /not ideal, through/ mouse
syncronisation, haVE VIRTUAL cd (SLOW, BUT WORKING) AND VIRTUAL FLOPPY,
EASY-TO-USE INTERFACE (except strange password management), and so on.

Compaq's RIB cards was good but expensive and nbot very reliable.

Serial console can be fine, but do not eliminate normal console in many
cases.