Re: Qwest PSTN problems / status page?

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Mon Aug 22 17:55:56 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 04:46:57PM -0500, Nick Thompson wrote:
> We are currently having outbound long distance issues via Qwest right
> now.
> A PSTN status page would be rather convenient at this moment.

Most telecom providers don't *have* status pages, for the same reason
that most telecom problem tickets "mysteriously" clear: they have to
report their problem metrics to the government, and if they don't admit
to the problem, it makes their numbers look better.

"The trouble's leaving here fine!"

I do have a reasonably large list of other types of status pages
collected here: http://www.microsys.us/status

Any contributions from other people's crib notes won't go amiss...

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Designer                +-Internetworking------+----------+           RFC 2100

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me