Re: Semi-on-topic: Light that travels faster than the speed oflight?

  • From: up
  • Date: Mon Aug 22 10:13:43 2005

No, they were actually over the speed of light for a "portion of the
signal":

"They were also able to create extreme conditions in which the light
signal travelled faster than 300 million meters a second. And even though
this seems to violate all sorts of cherished physical assumptions,
Einstein needn't move over  relativity isn't called into question, because
only a portion of the signal is affected."

[email protected]							    http://3.am