Re: centrist...

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Fri Aug 19 19:50:17 2005

We used to refer to 10 digit dialing as 17 digit dialing cuz you'd
dial 7 then realize oops flash and dial 10.

Since this is almost ubiquitous one wonders why no one* sells a phone
with a big red DIAL LOCAL AREA CODE button you can set up? I realize
us nerds can manage to set up speed dial features to do this (actually
I have almost zero patience for diddling with such things personally)
but c'mon you want the big red clown nose to push, (PFX) NPAXXXX, it
could even act as another "ON" button (you usually have to push
something to get a dial tone on most modern phones, particularly
cordless.)

What was the question again?

* Well how can I say with authority "no one" but I've never seen this.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | [email protected]           | http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*