Re: New N.Y. Law Targets Hidden Net LD Tolls

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Fri Aug 19 15:19:50 2005

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> Mine doesn't -- AT&T Wireless and Cingular GSM phones have 10D or 11D
> only, at least around here.

Leave it up to Cingular to be stupid. :P I've been a customer of Alltel,
Northcoast PCS, Sprint PCS and now T-Mobile, and the old GTE Wireless
dating back to '93. On none of those carriers have I ever been forced to
dial 10D if I wasn't roaming, and if I was dialing a number in the same
area code my cellphone number was in.

IOW, I'm pretty sure they're the only company doing that, though ICBW.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek   888-480-4638   PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Company website: http://JustThe.net/