Re: New N.Y. Law Targets Hidden Net LD Tolls

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Thu Aug 18 10:57:25 2005

--- Sean Donelan <[email protected]> wrote:
> I assume the NY AG will also be targeting
> enforcement of Domino's Pizza
> because they have lots of phone numbers and
> consumers may unknowingly dial
> a phone number to order a pizza which may be a toll
> call in their area.

A typical call to Domino's lasts < 2 minutes, and if
it's not actually a local call, you're almost
certainly not in the delivery area (and would get
redirected to the correct store).  Accidentally
dialing a nonlocal Domino's results in a $.10 bill
(and no pizza).

A typical call to a dial-up ISP is what, a few hours?
Multiple times per month?  Accidentally using a
non-local ISP number can result in a bill in the
hundreds of dollars pretty easily (also no pizza).

-David

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com