Re: What application runs on port 8094?

  • From: Joe Shen
  • Date: Thu Aug 18 06:13:02 2005

The situation here is,  traffic on the two ports
exists continuously. The total load on our egree link
sums up to around 3Gbps (max) and 1.6Gbps(min).

If both of the traffic is from P2P application, what
is it? rebust file transmission over UDP?

thanks

--- Vulnerability Management
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Joe Shen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Using netflow based monitor tool, I noticed there
> is a
> > lot of traffic on 8094/UDP and 4662/TCP( both
> exceed
> > 1Gbps, and exist all the time)
> >

> > What application use that port? Is there any P2P
> > application use UDP as transportation protocol?
> >

> Yes - eDonkey - it's listed on Dshield's "most
> scanned ports":
>
> http://dshield.org/port_report.php?port=4662
>
> Nothing listed for 8094
>
> http://dshield.org/port_report.php?port=8094
>
> but they do show a big spike in scans of this port a
> couple of days ago.
> Perhaps one of the recent MS worms calls home on
> this port? UDP,
> though... odd!
>
> \a
>
> Andrew Simmons
> Messagelabs Security
>

> > thanks in advance.
> >
> > Joe
> >

> --
> "Only the paranoid survive." - Andy Grove (Intel)

> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email
> Security System.
> For more information please visit
> http://www.messagelabs.com/email

Meet your soulmate!
Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather
http://asia.yahoo.com/meetic