Re: Blocking certain terrorism/porn sites and DNS

  • From: Abhishek Verma
  • Date: Thu Aug 18 05:04:50 2005

>> Will this work?
>
> It would stop them using whichever hostnames you banned but do you really
> think this would stop them using the internet.

No, that wasnt my point. I just wanted to make sure that my
understanding of banning a hostname was indeed correct. We can this
way atleast block all websites with *alqaida* domain names.

I wanted to know if the arguments of "freedom of speech" etc. apply to
the Internet also, wherein somebody could argue that no central
authority can stop somebody from expressing their thoughts, etc.

> Terrorist1: Mmmm seems the internet community have put a stop to us using
> www.bombsrus.com
> Terrorist2: Ok right lets give up and strive for world peace instead.
>
> I don't think so :)

Even i dont think so! :)