Re: New N.Y. Law Targets Hidden Net LD Tolls

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Aug 18 04:47:55 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:
> > I assume the NY AG will also be targeting enforcement of Domino's Pizza
> > because they have lots of phone numbers and consumers may unknowingly dial
> > a phone number to order a pizza which may be a toll call in their area.
>
> Somehow I don't think so. It takes maybe 5 minutes to order a pizza from
> Domino's (you can also order from www.dominos.com) unless your really
> indecisive. However, surfing the Internet, could take considerably longer
> (especially for power-users like us).

Those pennies can add up.  And if you have ever called a government
office, you can sometimes spend a long time listening to music on
hold. Does the NY State Goverment warning citizens they may be charged
for phone calls to government offices?

This is one of those "feel good laws" that doesn't actually change
anything.