RE: India cites security concerns, blocks Huawei bid to expand their indian ops

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Wed Aug 17 09:06:58 2005

 > * Suresh Ramasubramanian:
>
> > For the second time in the last five years, Indian security
> agencies
> > have moved to slow Huawei's expansion plans out of concern
> for India's
> > strategic telecom network.
>
> For a contrast, consider the situation in Germany.  Beginning
> this year, Germany's largest research network DFN will run on
> Huawei technology.  Not many security concerns over here, apparently.

A large number of optical networks across the globe are now Huawei,
we are using their IP CPE (17xx/26xx/36xx/72xx replacements) in a number
of products and these devices have stood up to significant security
testing [including DDOS]. We have also type approved their Long Distance
Optical platforms and DSLAMS and they work and work well. Also tested
some ZTE equipment and it works well also. I hoping that Huawei do
more in storage.

Regards,
Neil.