Re: zotob - blocking tcp/445

  • From: Saku Ytti
  • Date: Mon Aug 15 15:23:27 2005

On (2005-08-15 18:51 +0000), [email protected] wrote:

> NetBIOS was never meant to be a WAN protocol, so no problem
> in blocking it.

 I'm not nearly confident enough to decide on behalf of almost
billion other people how they should benefit from the Internet
and how not to.
 There are real solutions to the problem, which include monitoring
the end-user traffic and do traffic steering for infected hosts
to a web page thats helps solving their problem.

--
  ++ytti