Re: IPv6 Address Planning

  • From: Elmar K. Bins
  • Date: Wed Aug 10 03:52:19 2005

[email protected] (Alexander Koch) wrote:

[/124]

> Also I cannot help but like how it can be organised with a
> brain that still works on IPv4 or so. 2^4 is 16, so ::zzx0
> up to ::zzxf and, yeah, the next linknet is then ::zzy0 to
> ::zzyf, with y being just x+1.

I second that. I get thoroughly confused every time, there's
an xxxa coming up after a xxx9. I tend to use xx10 first,
then see that it doesn't work, then remember.

Currently we're using /126s on p2p, but I believe a migration
would be in order, considering the small amount of addresses
we are using anyway.

I definitely abstain from /64s. This is wasteful.

Yours,
	Elmi.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu substituieren."
                          (PLemken, <[email protected]>)