Re: /8 end user assignment?

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Sat Aug 06 18:50:58 2005

On 6-aug-2005, at 23:58, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

how would you know if
people who had dualstack systems were trying to get AAAA and failing?

Run statistics off some selected recursive resolvers? Filter out
spammers and other abuse first to make them more accurate.

Ok, perhaps off your auth boxes would be better as you likely aren't
getting copies of the log from my (or anyone else's) recursive servers.

anyone atleast doing this?
I ran a web bug for a reasonably popular generic Dutch site for a while, and I discovered that around 0.16% of all requests (that's about 1 in 666) happened over IPv6.

Counting AAAA requests isn't very reliable, as some software performs these requests even if the system has no IPv6 connectivity. I believe Firefox does this unless IPv6 support is turned off. (It's turned on by default on nix and Win, off on Mac.)