Re: Fiber cut in SJ

  • From: Joe McGuckin
  • Date: Sat Aug 06 11:45:00 2005

On 8/5/05 8:12 PM, "George William Herbert" <[email protected]> wrote:

> First, an electrical contractor backhoed a large fiber
> link in downtown San Jose (address deleted due to security
> concerns) this morning, causing moderate damage.

That's just plain silly. As if we (or even your imagined 'terrorist') don't
know where the fiber runs around here.

Mindlessly classifying everything as 'secret' is a tactic I'd expect of DHS,
not NANOG. 'Need to know' does not appear anywhere in the constitution.

--

Joe McGuckin

ViaNet Communications
(address deleted due to security concerns)