Re: /8 end user assignment?

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Fri Aug 05 15:42:56 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 12:17:55PM -0400, Daniel Golding wrote:
> Why do so many v6 folks fill their arguments with notes of alarmism? Why
> don't we just make an orderly migration when it is called for, rather than
> using hyperbole to scare people?

I rather infer, Daniel, that the issue is "how long the lane change
will take", and therefore how far in advance of the wall the migration
needs to start (and how fast it needs to ramp) in order to, in fact,
*be* orderly.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Designer                +-Internetworking------+----------+           RFC 2100

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me