Re: /8 end user assignment?

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Fri Aug 05 12:25:58 2005

--On August 5, 2005 12:50:08 PM +0200 Sabri Berisha <[email protected]> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 12:05:08PM +0200, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure how much room additional AAAA records take up, but I
think it's a little under 30 bytes. At this rate, there is no way
you're going to run out of 512 bytes with less than 10 AAAA records.
Then there is EDNS0, and failing that, TCP.
With the use of anycast DNS servers on the internet, TCP is no longer an
option for DNS.
Most of us aren't using anycast DNS....for those that are, they know the limitations and problems they face.

Though, realistically, for most people I'd bet it's a non-issue anyway. Most replies, including glue/additionals are probably far less than the links packet size in most places. There are exceptions. There are always exceptions. :)