Re: /8 end user assignment?

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Thu Aug 04 14:40:37 2005

Hi David,
 I realise that but:

1. Softbank BB is not on my radar of likely /8 candidates (of course, geography
may be the reason for that)

2. We know cable companies, dsl providers and mobile companies can use this many
IPs, but they generally seem to make use of NAT and IPv6. If everyone in this
category who could justify a /8 applied and received them we might be in real
trouble with our IPv4 space.

I had said elsewhere this was unprecedented but was then pointed at 73.0.0.0/9,
73.128.0.0/10 which is Comcast assigned in April. I'm surprised none of these
assignemtns have shown up on mailing lists..

Steve