Re: DARPA and the network

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Thu Aug 04 10:20:34 2005

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:20:46 BST, [email protected] said:
> If we want to prevent this, then we have to work as hard and
> as smart as the many people who are tackling Islamist
> terrorist cells.

A large number of the "security initiatives" we see are actually useless or
worse for security, and are intended merely to give the appearance that
"we're doing something" or more nefarious reasons.

This is true for both governments and corporations.

ObNANOG: When these "security initiatives" show up in your software images,
it becomes your problem, not the problem of the people who created the initiative...