Traffic to our customer's address(126.0.0.0/8) seems blocked by packet filter

  • From: mkawano
  • Date: Wed Aug 03 07:00:29 2005

Dear Network Operators and whom it may concern

I hope you are doing well, We are facing a difficult problem and we would like to ask your assistance!

The following address blocks were allocated from IANA to APNIC on the 27th of JAN of 2005. Please refer to the following link.
http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-list.html
---
Changes in version 2.6 (27 JAN 2005)
124/8, 125/8 and 126/8 allocated to APNIC (JAN 2005).
Removed from the bogon lists.
---

Softbank BB (AS17676) was allocated 126/8 from APNIC, and Softbank BB (AS17676) immediately tried to use 126/8.
However Softbank BB could not access the famous site using 126/8, It seems some of ISPs are blocking 126/8 due to outdated filter.

Ladies and gentlemen, please check the following URL!
http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-list.html

and if you find out you have outdated filter, please update the filter immediately.

Please let me know if you have any problem, concern or doubt regarding opening a filter for 126/8, please let me know.

Best regards & Thanks in advance,
--
Makoto Kawano <[email protected]>
SOFTBANK BB Corp.