Re: Tiscali switches to Public-Root?? What do you think?

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Tue Aug 02 06:30:25 2005

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>
> > The poor guy/gal at the other end of the line will need a really good
> > answer.  Does anyone here have one?
>
> to avoid being technical i guess the only answer would be to say this is a
> private service offered to tiscali users and is not available to any non tiscali
> users (you might want to point out this is 99.9% of the world in case $cust
> feels like switching)
>
> > Not to mention the answers we need for the market droids...
> >
> > "Hey, I heard that Tiscali is offering more Internet than us at no
> > extra cost, and they make a lot of money on it too.  How soon can we
> > start doing the same?"
>
> tell them you've been able to do it all along, its your network and you can
> provide any unique content that you like, providing they understand this is
> unique for your custs only .. think intranet
>
> > This puts a lot of pressure on other European ISPs, and eventually also North
> > American ISPs (to make this on-topic :-) I hope the rest of us can stand
> > together against it.  A good start would be to come up with a common response
> > to the two pressure groups outlined above.
>
> a better worded explanation on a webpage would be good i guess...
>
> anyway, i'm off the the UNIDT website, i hear '.tiscali' hasnt been registered
> yet ;p

replying to myself. bad :)

had this pointed out.. these are "official" according to inaic
http://inaic.com/index.php?p=faq006

and resolving "all known tlds" seems a bit of a stretch, i think they've missed
my '.foobar' tld on my local nameservers..

http://inaic.com/index.php?p=faq014

also for added humour, from the press release
http://inaic.com/index.php?p=tiscali-introduces

following the link: http://home.tiscali/

doesnt seem to work for me, hmm.. not great to have a broken link in a public
press release ;)

Steve