Re: as numbers

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Mon Aug 01 06:19:56 2005

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Geoff Huston wrote:

> So - to NANOG at large - if you want your vendor to include 4-Byte AS support
> in their BGP code anytime soon, in order to avoid some last minute panic in a
> couple of years hence, then it would appear that you should talk to them now
> and say clearly that you want 4-Byte AS support in your BGP software right
> now.

Geoff, excellent idea..

before I forward this email to my suppliers tho, is there a reference I can
send.. excuse my ignorance but I'm not familiar with research done on 4-byte
ASNs, is there a proposed standard implementation?

If I have something definite to request I will immediately send those emails,

Steve