Re: Tiscali switches to Public-Root?? What do you think?

  • From: Brandon Butterworth
  • Date: Mon Aug 01 03:58:41 2005

> "www.really-cool.alt.  Now fix your systems so I can access it"
>
> The poor guy/gal at the other end of the line will need a really good
> answer.

"Looks like your friend has been duped by some domain hijackers/phishers
exploiting a DNS security hole. We've kept you safe from that perhaps
your friend would like to move to us rather than the insecure ISP"

> Not to mention the answers we need for the market droids...
>
> "Hey, I heard that Tiscali is offering more Internet than us at no
> extra cost, and they make a lot of money on it too.  How soon can we
> start doing the same?"

"I hear you can buy .tiscali for $1M so all our users plus
some others will get our site instead of theirs. Unfortunately
the same scam means a bunch of other people have .telenor"

> This puts a lot of pressure on other European ISPs, and eventually
> also North American ISPs (to make this on-topic :-) I hope the rest of
> us can stand together against it.

The rot started when icann hijacked . and started selling
pointless gtlds, it's not surprising others want to do the
same.

brandon