Re: Cisco and the tobacco industry

  • From: Roy Badami
  • Date: Sat Jul 30 18:45:32 2005

    Geo> Gee, it must be nice to be in the top 10% of the smart
    Geo> people. Why don't you suggest Valdis aim for the top 5% and
    Geo> figure out how Mr. Jeffrey I. Schiller manages to post using
    Geo> debian PGP signed messages that don't appear as attachments?

Having just taken a quick look, it appears the messages you like are
just plain text with PGP markup, and the ones you don't are
multipart/signed.

IIRC correctly any unrecognized multipart subtype is supposed to be
rendered as multipart/mixed, so you should see the message fine,
though the signature will probably appear as an attachment.

If you're seriously suggesting that all signing of messages should be
done entirely in-band within a plain-text message then, well, I
disagree...  And so do Microsoft (IIRC they support S/MIME)

	-roy