Re: Cisco and the tobacco industry

  • From: Geo.
  • Date: Sat Jul 30 16:06:16 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>

>>Your original suggestion was that it push it to the router.<<

Ok I guess it could be read that way but I was more suggesting they look for
a way to patch not upgrade to a new version. I've been around the industry
long enough to have seen Autodesk use the exe patch routine to patch
existing files right on disk so I know this is nothing new. My original
suggestion was to take that one step further and patch right in memory on
the router but if that's a security issue then fine patch the image on disk
and upload it like normal, makes no difference to my point.

>>My behavior hasn't changed because my MUA has been able to understand the
formats originally defined in RFC1847 and RFC2015, as updated by RFC3156,
for
over a decade now.<<

Yeah yeah, I've had this discussion several times, it's a bug in my software
and you couldn't give a darn if you are doing something that is incompatible
with what 90% of the world uses for email because you are right and everyone
else is wrong. Such is the spirit of the internet huh? (you picked on my use
of OE first, I was just responding)

Geo.

George Roettger
Netlink Services