Re: Cisco and the tobacco industry

  • From: Geo.
  • Date: Sat Jul 30 10:36:19 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>

>>The ability to connect to the router and push a software change? Let's
think
this through a bit, shall we? ;)<<

Who said push? I said cisco's whole patch method is to move people to a new
version of IOS instead of patching the old version. Cisco charges for new
versions so it's not in their financial interest to make new versions
available for free like the patches need to be. So I suggest they employ a
different patch method, you download an exe from their ftp site, it takes
your current build which is stored on your computer, patches it, and uploads
it to your router or you then upload it to your router. Since this would
require you already have the image they could continue to manage their image
distributions as they do now. I mean your issue is not impossible to work
around.

>>Now, what were you saying about a few worms causing *ANY* change in
behavior? ;)

it's amazing how safe software can be when used by a professional, isn't it?
Everyone here knows you have a woodie for OE by the format of your posts
which appear as attachments instead of normal text in OE. I notice that
behavior hasn't changed either <g>. Nuff said?

Geo.

George Roettger
Netlink Services