Re: Boing Boing: Michael Lynn's controversial Cisco securitypresentat ion

  • From: Erik Haagsman
  • Date: Fri Jul 29 16:20:48 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 19:06, Daniel Golding wrote:

> I hope the leadership at Cisco reflects on this incident and will utilize
> different tactics the next time this happens. Similarly, I hope the
> cybersecurity folks in our governments realize that, while a strong
> relationship with vendors is essential, they must recognize that vendors
> have different goals than they do.

Perhaps more importantly, ISS should try to get it's act together and
realise they let a highly skilled and motivated researcher go over
political issues that should have never influenced a true security
driven company in their decision making.
How on earth are you gonna try to maintain the image of an independent
security company after a clear case of politics and behind-the-scenes
shennenigans like these...?

Erik

--
---