Redux: Cisco/ISS/Black Hat story hits the AP wires

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Thu Jul 28 19:45:33 2005

...which, of course, means that it is being picked up by
ABC, CBS, NBC, and virtually every other news-gathering
operatioon on the planet. Here's yet another sample:

 http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=987407

I sure hope it works out for everyone involved, but I'm
pretty sure there will be enough casualty for all parties
involved, especially innocent bystanders.

It sure looks like a PR disaster for Cisco and ISS, a
win for Michael Lynn in his determination to shed some
truth, and a loss for Cisco customers who are currently
standing around scratching their heads, unsatisfied with
the PR "release" surrounding the entire incident.

- ferg

-- "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <[email protected]> wrote:

Well, it appears this story has hit the Associated Press
newswires:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050728/ap_on_hi_te/cisco_security_crackdown

- ferg

--