RE: Cisco and the tobacco industry

  • From: Geo.
  • Date: Thu Jul 28 16:54:51 2005

No, the point is if you want the internet to be patched then you can't
torture people when they come to you for the patches.

Cisco routers are being sold to every company who connects to the internet,
it's one step up from consumer products. You can't expect every company who
owns a cisco router to buy an expensive contract or be willing to go thru
the gauntlet to get the patches.

Cisco needs to come up with a better way.

If your point is simply that it's possible to get the patches, well it's
possible to code them yourself too if you know assembler.

Geo.

George Roettger
Netlink Services