Re: Cisco and the tobacco industry

  • From: J. Oquendo
  • Date: Thu Jul 28 16:27:27 2005

Re: Cisco and the tobacco industry

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Florian Weimer wrote:

> But it looks as if Cisco actually did this, and you (and Geo) just
> weren't part of the elite circle of operators whose networks are
> considered U.S. national critical infrastructure.

Did they already do this? Highly doubtful hence Mr. Lyns resignation
and decision to go public with his disclosure which brought forth
Cisco's move to quash what he had to say via legal threats.

When you state "Cisco already did this" what have they done other
than tell someone to "shut up we're Cisco and we'll bury you with
legal bills". They've done nothing but obscure the fact that they have
issues with their IOS they don't want disclosed.

http://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/summaryquote.asp?symbol=CSCO%60&selected=CSCO%60

Company News
07/28/2005 9:30AM Cisco Systems gets pwned at Blackhat Briefings file
lawsuit to cover up swiss cheese-like holes

J. Oquendo
GPG Key ID 0x97B43D89
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x97B43D89

To conquer the enemy without resorting to war is the most
desirable.  The highest form of generalship is to conquer
the enemy by strategy." - Sun Tzu