Re: Cisco IOS Exploit Cover Up

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Thu Jul 28 11:41:49 2005

One thing that bugs me, though, is the quote that is
credited to Lynn:

[snip]

"I feel I had to do what's right for the country and the national infrastructure," he said. "It has been confirmed that bad people are working on this (compromising IOS). The right thing to do here is to make sure that everyone knows that it's vulnerable."

[snip]

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11259

Lynn's statement would tend to make one believe that this is
yet another example of a vulnerability that is awaiting an
exploit, not one that has yet to be discovered -- a sort of
Sword of Damocles, if you  will...

- ferg