RE: Cisco IOS Exploit Cover Up

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Wed Jul 27 16:11:45 2005

For what ot's worth, this story is running in the
popular trade press:

"Cisco nixes conference session on hacking IOS router code"
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2005/072705-cisco-ios.html

- ferg

-- "Hannigan, Martin" <[email protected]> wrote:

> For those who like to keep abreast of security issues, there are
> interesting developments happening at BlackHat with regards to Cisco
> IOS and its vulnerability to arbitrary code executions.
>
> I apologize for the article itself being brief and lean on technical
> details, but allow me to say that it does represent a real problem
> (as in practical and confirmed):
>
> http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2005/07/mending_a_
> hole_.html

Yes, practical _and_ confirmed, but you'll never get $vendor to
admit it, which is the problem to begin with.

-M<

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 [email protected] or [email protected]